Microsoft launched its Analytics Training portal, the idea is to centralize all training and certifications around analytics: webinars, videos, classroom training, etc…
You can search for a certain training, partner or certification. Note that the trainings are not only organised by Microsoft but also by 3rd parties, some of them known trainings centers and others not. You can filter on topics, levels, regions, …
The course catalog regroups a lot of courses that are already available at edX.org.
There are currently 6 certifications listed:
- Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R
- Perform Cloud Data Science with Azure Machine Learning
- Perform Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Big Data Engineering with Microsoft Cloud Services
- Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Implementing NoSQL solutions with DocumentDB and Azure Search
There is a bit of controversy on whether the Microsoft Data Science curriculum should also be part of this. This certification is not even mentioned here, why !?
The big difference between the MS Data Science curriculum and the certifications mentioned above is the fact that you need to go to a specific exam center to take the exam. The DS track is hosted on edX.org and has a different purpose and evaluation system.